- Watch Unnatural History: Season 1 Episode 12 :Speetlemania
- Where to Buy Vimax Pills in UNITED KINGDOM UK :: ONLINE
- Vimax Pills - Vimax Penis Pills - Buy Vimax Expert
- Steve Carell Vs. Stephen Colbert In "Even Ste(v)phen"
- Here's Yet Another 130 Great Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes To Brighten Up Your Day
- Reuters: "Tired Gay Succumbs To Dix In 200 Meters"
- Double Rainbow Causes Man to Spastically Laugh And Cry For Our Amusement
- The Internet Personified: A Robotic Nightmare With Man-Boobs
- Hate Justin Bieber? Great! Help Us Send Him To North Korea
- Ladies, Don't Try This At Home, a Party or Anywhere Else
When Gawker first mentioned it, I chuckled to myself. Newsweek’s not actually going to do a story about people who had sex thanks to their “Obama’s been elected” elation and then the resulting baby boom, I thought.
See, less than a week ago Gawker posted that a Newsweek reporter sent out the following query:
“I’m working on a funny piece about the potential for an Obama bay boom 9 months from election night. Did you make love in the name of Obama on election night? Were you feeling particularly romantic because your candidate won? If you seriously plan to conceive, are you happy you’ll bring a child into an Obama administration? I’m looking for funny and/or stories and anecdotes. If you’re not comfortable having you named used, please let me know and we can likely work around that.”
And then Friday it happened. Newsweek published “Change You can Conceive In.” As the above query suggests, it’s about the people who made sweet, sweet Obama love. Sure some of the tales were serious and earnest… such as the person who’s ovulation luckily coincided with election night or the gay couple who decided this was the president under whom they would get married and adopt a baby.
But the best were the “other” stories:
Not everyone's experiences were quite as earnest. During one round of election-fueled romance, says Eric Davis, 37, of Minneapolis, "my wife accidentally said, 'Oh, Obama!'" Craigslist boards in various cities swiftly filled with posts from people looking to form impromptu, um, political action committees. "Feel great from Obama win, but now need to expend this positive energy," wrote one 30-year-old Manhattanite. "Obama! Red Wine! Smooching!" promised another. (And from the too-much-information department, sex shop Babeland, which has stores in Seattle, New York and Los Angeles, reports a 26 percent sales increase since Election Day.)
Yup, there were plenty of “O” faces coming out in support of The Big O. And why not? With abortion safe for another day, carefree sex could flourish freely.